Overview: “Squid Game” kdrama (also known as “Round Six”) is a Netflix original drama series that released on 17 October 2021. It will tell the story of 456 individuals who participate in a deadly game with only one winner and a big prize money. “Squid Game” stars Lee Jung Jae, Park Hae Soo, Heo Sung Tae, Wi Ha Joon in the main cast. It is available to watch online on streaming platform Netflix*.
Table of Contents
- Air Time & Schedule
- Episodes & Ratings
- Still Cuts
- Notes & Facts
- Where To Watch Online?
- Trailers & Clips
- Similar K-Dramas
“Squid Game” will tell the story related to a game which has a price of 40 billion won for the winner. The game is called ‘Squid Game’ and it invites 456 people to play it. These people are somewhat a failure in their lives. The people controlling and managing the game are all covered in masks. Now, the game is risky as only one person will survive in the end and all will or can die. The last one standing becomes the winner.
Action, Thriller, Mystery
Main Cast & Characters
- Lee Jung Jae as Ki Hoon (No. 456)
- Park Hae Soo as Sang Woo (No. 218)
- Heo Sung Tae as Deok Soo (No. 101)
- Wi Ha Joon as Joon Ho
- Jung Ho Yeon as Dawn (No. 067)
- Anupam Tripathi as Ali (No. 199)
- Kim Joo Ryung as Beauty (No. 212)
- Lee Yoo Mi as Ji Young (No. 240)
- Oh Young Soo as Il Nam
- John D. Michaels as VIP
“Squid Game” Cameo Appearances
- Jung Woo Hyuk as a participant
- Kim Young Ok as Ki Hoon’s mother
- Gong Yoo
- Im Ki Hong
- Won Chun Gyu
- Lee Ji Ha
Air Time & Schedule
All Episodes releasing at 8:30 PM
Episodes & Ratings
“Squid Game” Korean drama will have a total of 9 episodes.
Notes & Facts
- It has released worldwide by Netflix in 190 countries.
- Currently, “Squid Game” is Netflix’s biggest ever series launch.
- The Korean drama was watched by 111 million users in its first 28 days, surpassed “Bridgerton” (82 million). The later was previously at the top spot on Netflix
- The games used in the series are popular children’s game in Korea from the 1970s and 1980s known as squid game.
- Lee Jung Jae earlier starred in Korean drama “Chief of Staff” (2019).
- Park Hae Soo earlier starred in Korean drama “Prison Playbook” (2017).
- Heo Sung Tae earlier appeared in Korean drama “Beyond Evil” (2021).
- Wi Ha Joon earlier starred in Korean drama “18 Again” (2020).
Where To Watch Online?
You can watch “Squid Game” on Netflix here. (Requires subscription)
- Way back then by Jung Jae il
- Round I by Jung Jae Il
- The Rope is Tied by Jung Jae il
- Pink Soldiers by 23
- Hostage Crisis by 23
- I remember My Name by Jung Jae il
- Unfolded by Jung Jae il
- Needles and Dalgona bi Park Min Ju
- Cat and the Rats by Park Min Ju
- It Hurts so Bad by Jung Jae il
Trailers & Clips
You May Also Like
Similar K-Dramas to “Squid Game”
- Liar Game (2014)
- Memories of Alhambra (2018)
*Drama is subject to regional availability.