Overview: “The Day” Kdrama (also known as “The Day of the Kidnapping”) is an ENA original drama series that released on September 13, 2023. It will tell the story of a desperate father who becomes a kidnapper to save her sick daughter, but his life turns upside down when he kidnaps an eleven-year-old girl. “The Day” stars Yoon Kye Sang, Park Sung Hoon and Yu Na in the main cast. It is available to watch online on streaming platform Amazon Prime Video in selected regions.
Table of Contents
“The Day” Korean drama tells the story of Kim Myung Joon (Yoon Kye Sang), who doesn’t have money but has a kind heart. But in his desperation to save his sick daughter’s life, he chooses the wrong path when his ex-wife Seo Hye Eun (Kim Shin Rok) suggests to kidnap a girl who has rich parents, so that he can ask for ransom money.
Following her idea, he was on his way to abduct Choi Ro Hee (Yu Na) when he unintentionally hit a girl who was none other than Choi Ro Hee. In the accident, Ro Hee lost her memory, and Myung Joon started to pretend to be her father.
But whenever he tries to contact her parents for money, no one ever picks up, and then he decides to pay a visit to their house. But reaching there, he sees their dead bodies being carried out on stretchers. To make things more complicated, he becomes the suspect in their murder.
Thriller, Mystery, Comedy
Main Cast & Characters
- Yoon Kye Sang as Kim Myung Joon
- Park Sung Hoon as Park Sang Yoon (A crime detective)
- Yu Na as Choi Ro Hee (11 years old genius girl)
- Kim Shin Rok as Seo Hye Eun (Myung Joon’s ex-wife)
- Kim Sang Ho as Park Cheol Won (An employee)
- Seo Jae Hee as Mo Eun Seon (A neurosurgeon)
- Kang Young Seok as Jayden (A fund manager)
- Kim Dong Won as Ho Young
- Woo Ji Hyun as Choi Taek Hyun
- Go Ha as So Jin Yoo
- Jung Soon Won as Chae Jung Man
- Jeon Kwang Jin as Choi Jin TaeSong Jae Ryong as Beonggeoji
- Kwak Ja Hyung as Police team leader
Air Time & Schedule
New Episodes every Wednesday and Thursday at 21:00 KST.
Episodes & Ratings
Korean drama “The Day” will have a total of 12 episodes.
Notes & Facts
- Yoon Kye Sang earlier starred in Korean drama “Kiss Sixth Sense” (2022).
- Park Sung Hoon earlier starred in Korean drama “Not Others” (2023).
- Child actress Yu Na earlier appeared in Korean drama “Green Mothers’ Club” (2022).
- She was selected for the role of Choi Ro Hee through an audition with 500 participants.
- This is child actress Yu Na’s first drama as a lead role.
- Korean drama “The Day” is adapted from the novel “Yoogweui Nal” written by Jung Hae Yeon.
- Previous drama on this time slot of ENA: Longing For You
- Director: Park Yoo Young
- Scriptwriter: Jung Hae Yeon, Kim He Young
Where To Watch Online?
You can watch “The Day” online on Amazon Prime Video.
Trailers & Clips (eng sub)
Episodes 1, 2, 3,…., Highlights
*Drama is subject to regional availability.
Rate This Korean Drama
If you have watched this Korean drama then please give it the accurate rating, so that others can find it useful.