Overview: “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” is a tvN original drama series that stars Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji in the main cast. It released on 20 June, 2020. “It’s Okay To Not be Okay” is available to watch online on streaming platform Netflix.
“It’s Okay To Not be Okay” is the Kim Soo Hyun’s first drama project in 5 years. This is also Seo Ye Ji’s comeback drama after 2 years.
Table of Contents
- Other Names
- Cast & Characters
- Special Appearance
- Air Time & Schedule
- Available to watch online?
- Trailers & Clips
Psycho, But It’s Okay
“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” tells a love story between a community health worker Moon Kang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) and a children’s story book writer Go Moon Young (Seo Ye Ji). Moon Kang Tae is a community health worker at a psychiatric ward who is smart, has great body and has a monthly salary of 1.8 million won ($1,520). He doesn’t have time for love. Go Moon Young has antisocial personality disorder and she doesn’t know what love is.
Both meet each other and find their true selves by healing each other’s emotional wounds while ending up falling in love.
“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” turns out to be a Romance drama.
Cast & Characters
The drama has Seo Ye Ji, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Gyu Young and Oh Jung Se in the main cast. While Kim Joo Heon, Kim Chang Wan, Kim Mi Kyung, Jang Young Nam, Lee Eol, Kang Ki Doong, Park Jin Joo, Woo Jeong Won and fromis_9’s Jang Gyuri are in the supporting roles.
- Seo Ye Ji is playing the role Go Moon Young who is a a successful children’s book author. She suffers from an antisocial personality disorder. Go Moon Young hardly know what love is.
- Kim Soo Hyun is playing the role of Moon Kang Tae who is a community health worker at a psychiatric ward. He is of perfect personality with good body, smart brain and a high paying job. Moon Kang Tae just doesn’t believe in love. (Moon Woo Jin is playing the role of young Moon Kang Tae)
- Park Gyu Young is playing the role of Nam Joo Ri. She is a nurse and works with Moon Gang Tae.
- Oh Jung Se is playing the role of Moon Sang Tae. He is Moon Kang Tae’s older brother. Moon Sang Tae is disabled.
- Lee Eol is playing the role of Go Moon Young’s father, Go Dae Hwan. He is a patient at the mental ward who suffers from dementia. While Kang Ki Doong will be playing the role of Moon Kang Tae’s best friend, Jo Jae Soo.
- Kim Joo Hun is playing the role of Lee Sang In who is a 38-year-old CEO of a publishing company and Kim Chang Wan of Oh Ji Wang who is the president of the mental ward.
- Kim Mi Kyung is playing the role of Kang Soon Deok. She is Joo Ri’s mother and a chef at the mental ward. While, Jang Gyu Ri will be playing the role of Nam Joo Ri’s best friend, Sun Byul. She is a nurse having 3 years of experience.
- Jang Young Nam is playing the role of a strong and diligent senior nurse Park Haeng Ja. And Park Jin Joo that of an art director at Lee Sang In’s company, Yoo Seung Jae.
- In episode 3 & 4 Kwak Dong Yeon appeared as Kwon Ki Do.
- Jung Sang Hoon appeared as motel owner in episode 5 .
- In episode 5 & 7 Bae Hae Sun appeared as Kang Eun Ja.
- Choi Daniel appeared as CEO Choi Daniel in episode 8.
Air Time & Schedule
“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” released on 20 June, 2020 on tvN at 21:00 (KST) time slot every Saturday and Sunday.
“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” has a total of 16 episodes. (60 minutes each approx.)
Also See : Everything To Know About Kdrama “Backstreet Rookie” Starring Ji Chang Wook And Kim Yoo Jung
- Korean drama “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” is Kim Soo Hyun’s first project as main lead after the actor completed his mandatory military service. Earlier he did cameo appearances in two hit Korean dramas “Hotel Del Luna” and “Crash Landing On You”.
- Actor Kim Soo Hyun earlier starred in comedy Korean drama “The Producers” alongside the actors Cha Tae Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin and singer actor IU. It ended with an average rating of 12.5% Nationwide according to AGB Nielsen Korea.
- Actress Seo Ye Ji earlier starred in legal thriller Korean drama “Lawless Lawyer” alongside the actors Lee Joon Gi, Lee Hye Young and Choi Min Soo. It ended with an average rating of 6.134% Nationwide according to AGB Nielsen Korea.
- Actor Park Gyu Young earlier did supporting role in the historical Korean drama “The Nokdu Flower”.
- Actor Oh Jung Se earlier starred in sports Korean drama “Hot Stove League”.
- Kdrama “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” held its first script reading sometimes in the first quarter of 2020.
- The drama comes from the PD Park Shin Woo who also directed the dramas like “Jealousy Incarnate” and “Encounter”.
- The drama will include some fantasy elements and it will feature some famous fairy tales such as “The Red Shoes” and “Bluebeard,” and also some tales for the adults that were especially made for the drama.
“It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” is available to watch on Netflix here.